Skip to main content

Task 3d: Critical Questions and Issues That Emerge

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate?
Initially when I saw the tasks in part 3 on networking, I naively thought 'great I know how to do this, it's easy.' I was, and have been for a few years now networking in my career but I never knew there were so many possible routes to do so. I always thought networking was 'just talking to people in my career.' Through these tasks I have now been able to develop my skills in networking and realise that there are a variety of ways I can network. Including social media, things like this blog, youtube, facebook etc. 

Are your ideas, position or concerns shared by others within and/or beyond your professional area of work?
With regards to the BAPP arts course I find this to be completely true. When we have had various Skype/Breeze chats it really comes through that we all have the same questions and through these chats we can help each other through them. Also with the blogs, I find them very useful to help myself along with certain tasks and ideas. However not only through this course do I find this to be true. In my line of work, it is great to share with people/colleagues your concerns as either they will be in the same predicament or they will help you find a way to solve it. 

Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking, planning or practice?
Completely. I always share my ideas with others either by showing them or talking through them. I believe it is the best way to progress your ideas and as I have mentioned before everyone has a different mind so they are able to look at it from another perspective to give your idea more depth. I am very influenced by others around me and I like to constantly adapt my ways of teaching so I always observe others when I can and put their ideas into practice. I also like to help others and when I have an idea, I will explain this to whoever I am working with at the time. However, I find the important point with this is they may not use your idea, nor you with theirs but always to keep it in mind for another opportunity that may come up. 

Does critical reflection help you decide what really matters and the actions to take?
Before the course I had never really taken critical thinking into my practice. Now I have researched it and know more about how to use it I find it is very helpful in my line of work. It allows me to take a step back and reflect on what it or isn't working and by thinking it through thoroughly I can now use it to develop my practice a lot further than I was before. Usually I'll admit I could sometimes start to panic, and not see a way forward if something wasn't working (a mind blank so to speak) but by using this practice of critical thinking it has enabled me to analyse more in depth and helps me stay focused instead of 'panicking.' 

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking in different ways?
I had never looked into the theories behind networking until this course. Therefore because of this I was very limited to how I was initially networking. After going through Reader 3 and doing even more research into the examples given and more, I understand the concepts behind networking so much better than before, and how to put them to good use within my practice. By using the various theories to network I am able to reach a greater range through networking than I was previous to the course. 

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? 
Absolutely. As previously mentioned, I had my own thoughts on networkings to begin with and I thought I was doing great! After initially jotting down my network map I could see I had a few connections. However now I can branch out and extend my professional network by many means so I can constantly progress. This module as a whole has allowed me to progress already from what I knew previously. Looking at all the theories in communicating, reflecting and networking they have really expanded my options and therefore my knowledge of professional practice has reached a new level. 

Now I am off to comment on other blogs, as always please feel free to do so on mine! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpful Things...

Hello again, Aren't you lucky, my 3rd blog in a few days!  Well, this is a quick simple one for those of you on the BAPP arts course (also for those who aren't!) but I have found a few helpful things that I thought I would share with you all.  The first,we have reached part 2 of our course which as you will know is all about reflective writing. We have all been asked to keep a journal. However if you are anything like me, life can seem to get very busy so finding the time to write in your journal can be a bit difficult. Especially as I have to carry a lot around with me most of the time so adding an extra book equals even more weight! Therefore I have found a easy, free online site which you can keep journals on, and there is even an app for your phone. I am using this for my 'on-the-go' journal as it is quick and easy and then writing up my proper journal of an evening to make sure I don't miss anything!  The site/app is called Penzu, the link is here: http

Another day - another qualification

So Tuesday was a very interesting and exciting day.  I went to London to train and gain!  With a colleague of mine, we went together to get our circle dance in  dementia training.  We both already work with dementia participants in the care homes we go to for dance classes so we know most of the benefits this has on people.  For those of you who don't know what circle dance in dementia is. Here is a link to look at: http://dementiapathfinders.org/circle-dance-in-dementia.html It was such a fantastic day. There was a huge variety of people there, from dancers, to care workers to administrators and people from the alzheimer's society too! We really bonded well as a group. So much so, that we now have a facebook page to share our experiences/ ideas etc so we can all keep in contact.  Circle dance is highly beneficial to those with dementia, and it is also a class which can be altered and developed depending on who you have come to your classes. This is my opinion

Campus Session October 2017

I went along to my first campus session since I've been on the BAPP Arts course the other week.  I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it and I found it extremely helpful! I did much prefer the face to face interaction, it made it a lot easier to progress through conversation and having everyones input and ideas made it a lot easier for me to understand where I need to head with my inquiry.  Although I was the only Module 3 there, I found that listening to the other modules really opened my eyes. I admit I had just left the past 2 modules 'on the side' and after the session I realised that I needed to go back through, see what I have already done and create more links from there.  The modules aren't just 1, 2 and 3. They are all linked and this is something really important that I realised when having everyone there. So thank you all for that!   We also talked about the HUGE subject that is, ethics. It's a concept that I know I understand but I have always found i