Skip to main content

First Week Back!

Hi all, 

So summer is officially over, and I think the weather is definitely reminding us of that! 

During the summer I had a lot of free time, so I was researching and planning for the year ahead, as well as going along to so many interviews for new job opportunities to help develop my career. 

As this was the first week back at university it was time to put my plans to practice. I must admit I have struggled having such a huge gap between modules but I am now feeling ready and replenished to give Module 3 my all! 


Let's get going!
I am now working in 2 different stage schools, one is definitely more community based. Alongside this I am still working for the same dance company where I teach all ages from 3-100 years old (and that is no exaggeration). They have also offered me office work within their company which is amazing as I can learn what goes on 'behind the scenes' when running your own company. I have also signed up to 2 different agency's who offer supply teaching roles which will get me that extra school teaching experience that I really want to head towards eventually. 

And NOW I have been working on my next module. So far I have re-read my plan for my inquiry from Module 2 and made even more notes on it to help with the feedback form that is due next week. As well as this, throughout the summer I have been reading lots of articles and making notes on them to hopefully help me along with this final module.

Sadly  I missed the last skype session due to work but I am looking forward to having a call with Adesola as she is now my tutor and will have an update for you all after that. 

So all in all, it's been a very busy week and will continue to be so!


Comments

  1. I also feel as if I am out of practice with the long summer break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But I'm starting to get there now! I hope you are too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good News!

This is just a quick blog... So today I had a meeting with one of the companies I work for. It was really good, full of so much information and was lovely to see the team altogether as we don't get to do this often. One of my colleagues did a short presentation on 'Phonics' which was fantastic and has lead me to so many new ideas!  But that is not the best of it. Each year they select 4 members of staff to win teacher of the year, and I was one of them! I am so thrilled to be nominated! I nearly cried! It just goes to show, that the harder you work the more you get rewarded. I'm not sure if I'll win as I'm up against some great contenders, but just to be nominated makes me feel so proud!  So that's my good news of today!  Chow Chow

Task 1C: Audio Visual

Onto the next task!  When I first read that we had to create an Audio Visual and upload it onto youtube, my initial thought was dread! I am not really one for videos or even pictures for that matter! But I have committed myself to this course and ALL of the challenges it throws my way. So I began... I started doing a little research and having a look at what people have done in the past for this task. I noticed that there was quite a variety in the way people have done this task, and one of the things I first noticed was that, I didn't have to be in the video! I liked the idea of using pictures and even some people used power point to do their audio visuals.  Taking some of these ideas on, I decided the first thing I need to do is write a short script of what I am going to say, easy right?  Wrong! I think I changed my mind at least 10 times! In honesty I lost count of how many pieces of paper I had scribbled all over. But finally my script was done.  I then...

Skype Chat - Last Week

After a frustrating week of being unable to access my blogspot (amongst other things) I am now back!  So last week, I had a Module 3 skype chat with Helen, Gonzalo, Hannah, Alisha and Eleanor. This was very helpful, as we got to talk with one another and see where we were and where we were heading.  I'll be honest, it was quite quiet at times, as I find it's hard to have a conversation with people you can't actually see! But with Helens help and a little probing, once we got onto a conversation, it really started to flow.  It was very useful hearing about others techniques when it comes to their tools for the inquiry. I think most, if not all of us are doing interviews, and with the fact that I have recently had to edit my inquiry's purpose (for the better) it was great to hear how others have been doing!  A lot of their points I have written down, including the most important point which is not to ask them a closed question. With my inquiry I want and...