Skip to main content

Campus Session October 2017

I went along to my first campus session since I've been on the BAPP Arts course the other week. 

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it and I found it extremely helpful! I did much prefer the face to face interaction, it made it a lot easier to progress through conversation and having everyones input and ideas made it a lot easier for me to understand where I need to head with my inquiry. 

Although I was the only Module 3 there, I found that listening to the other modules really opened my eyes. I admit I had just left the past 2 modules 'on the side' and after the session I realised that I needed to go back through, see what I have already done and create more links from there. 

The modules aren't just 1, 2 and 3. They are all linked and this is something really important that I realised when having everyone there. So thank you all for that!  

We also talked about the HUGE subject that is, ethics. It's a concept that I know I understand but I have always found it hard to explain what is actually meant by it. So having this session really enabled me to grasp the idea of ethics even further and now I feel I could explain that to someone else! 


Altogether I think that this session has highly benefited me and I would ideally like to go along to another before I finish in January. So fingers crossed that my diary works out for me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skype Chat - Last Week

After a frustrating week of being unable to access my blogspot (amongst other things) I am now back!  So last week, I had a Module 3 skype chat with Helen, Gonzalo, Hannah, Alisha and Eleanor. This was very helpful, as we got to talk with one another and see where we were and where we were heading.  I'll be honest, it was quite quiet at times, as I find it's hard to have a conversation with people you can't actually see! But with Helens help and a little probing, once we got onto a conversation, it really started to flow.  It was very useful hearing about others techniques when it comes to their tools for the inquiry. I think most, if not all of us are doing interviews, and with the fact that I have recently had to edit my inquiry's purpose (for the better) it was great to hear how others have been doing!  A lot of their points I have written down, including the most important point which is not to ask them a closed question. With my inquiry I want and...

Task 1C: Audio Visual

Onto the next task!  When I first read that we had to create an Audio Visual and upload it onto youtube, my initial thought was dread! I am not really one for videos or even pictures for that matter! But I have committed myself to this course and ALL of the challenges it throws my way. So I began... I started doing a little research and having a look at what people have done in the past for this task. I noticed that there was quite a variety in the way people have done this task, and one of the things I first noticed was that, I didn't have to be in the video! I liked the idea of using pictures and even some people used power point to do their audio visuals.  Taking some of these ideas on, I decided the first thing I need to do is write a short script of what I am going to say, easy right?  Wrong! I think I changed my mind at least 10 times! In honesty I lost count of how many pieces of paper I had scribbled all over. But finally my script was done.  I then...

Task 3c: Sources Of Information

The next task is focused on where we get our information from. As I have been looking through others blogs I have noticed that everyone uses a variety of sources to find the information they need. In this blog I will be telling you my sources of information and how helpful I find them to help me progress in my career.  When I first looked up sources of information I found that most can be put into 3 categories: Primary Information Secondary Information Tertiary Information These are quite self explanitory but I will break them down for you. A Primary source is firsthand information about an event, for example our journals that we have all been writing. They are sources which have not been edited by a second party yet. Therefore a Secondary source is an analysation of a primary source, these include reviews, text books and even most of our blogs would be a secondary source as we analyse various pieces of information. Tertiary sources are often used to gain fact...