Skip to main content

Ethical dimensions - 5D

As I am now getting closer to preparing my research and acting on it, I now need to look closely at what ethics I will apply whilst conducting my research. I will discuss this with the SIG groups so they can offer me advice and I can look for inspiration from them.

I will be conducting a few interviews for my inquiry so I will need to take the following into consideration:
Questions: They need to be appropriate, and necessary.
Forms: I will need to put into place all the correct forms, such as permission forms so that the person I am interviewing will know its professional and feel comfortable with any information they are going to give.  
Data protection: Alongside the forms and interviews, I will need to protect any personal data in which the person I am interviewing gives me. 
Morals: I will need to take into consideration the morals and ethics of the person I am interviewing to make sure I do not offend and make them feel comfortable. To do this I will create my own set of ethics to which I will take along with me. 

I will not start with any of of my research without first of all sending drafts etc into my tutor so that she can double check my work is correct and ready to go. 







As I will be interviewing different people with a variety of different backgrounds, ages etc I will need to take this into consideration for my inquiry. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good News!

This is just a quick blog... So today I had a meeting with one of the companies I work for. It was really good, full of so much information and was lovely to see the team altogether as we don't get to do this often. One of my colleagues did a short presentation on 'Phonics' which was fantastic and has lead me to so many new ideas!  But that is not the best of it. Each year they select 4 members of staff to win teacher of the year, and I was one of them! I am so thrilled to be nominated! I nearly cried! It just goes to show, that the harder you work the more you get rewarded. I'm not sure if I'll win as I'm up against some great contenders, but just to be nominated makes me feel so proud!  So that's my good news of today!  Chow Chow

Task 1C: Audio Visual

Onto the next task!  When I first read that we had to create an Audio Visual and upload it onto youtube, my initial thought was dread! I am not really one for videos or even pictures for that matter! But I have committed myself to this course and ALL of the challenges it throws my way. So I began... I started doing a little research and having a look at what people have done in the past for this task. I noticed that there was quite a variety in the way people have done this task, and one of the things I first noticed was that, I didn't have to be in the video! I liked the idea of using pictures and even some people used power point to do their audio visuals.  Taking some of these ideas on, I decided the first thing I need to do is write a short script of what I am going to say, easy right?  Wrong! I think I changed my mind at least 10 times! In honesty I lost count of how many pieces of paper I had scribbled all over. But finally my script was done.  I then...

Skype Chat - Last Week

After a frustrating week of being unable to access my blogspot (amongst other things) I am now back!  So last week, I had a Module 3 skype chat with Helen, Gonzalo, Hannah, Alisha and Eleanor. This was very helpful, as we got to talk with one another and see where we were and where we were heading.  I'll be honest, it was quite quiet at times, as I find it's hard to have a conversation with people you can't actually see! But with Helens help and a little probing, once we got onto a conversation, it really started to flow.  It was very useful hearing about others techniques when it comes to their tools for the inquiry. I think most, if not all of us are doing interviews, and with the fact that I have recently had to edit my inquiry's purpose (for the better) it was great to hear how others have been doing!  A lot of their points I have written down, including the most important point which is not to ask them a closed question. With my inquiry I want and...